|September 2006 (15 years ago)|
|Brandon Beck · Marc Merrill|
|Tencent (from 2011)|
|Los Angeles, California, USA|
|2,500 (as of 2018)|
|See § Games|
Riot Games was founded in September 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill.
Riot Games was partially acquired by Tencent in February 2011 and fully acquired in December 2015.
In October 2019, several new games were announced: an eponymous standalone mobile version of the Teamfight Tactics mode from League of Legends, a digital collectible card game (Legends of Runeterra), and a port of League of Legends to mobile devices and consoles (League of Legends: Wild Rift).
|League of Legends||2009||MOBA|
|Legends of Runeterra||2020||Digital card game|
|League of Legends: Wild Rift||2020||MOBA|
- "League of Legends is now 10 years old. This is the story of its birth." (archive) – Washington Post, 28 October 2019.
- "Tencent Takes Full Control Of 'League Of Legends' Creator Riot Games" (archive) by Jon Russell. TechCrunch, 17 December 2015.
- "Riot celebrates ten years of 'LoL' by finally announcing new games" (archive) by Richard Lawler. Engadget, 15 October 2019.
- "Riot Games Acquires Hypixel Studios, Developer of Upcoming Block Game Hytale" (archive) (PDF) – Hypixel Studios, 16 April 2020.
- "Entering a new era for Hypixel Studios: an announcement from Simon and Noxy" – Hytale Blog, 16 April 2020.