|18 October 2018 (2 year ago)|
|Derry~Londonderry, Northern Ireland|
Hypixel Studios Inc. is a video game development company split off from Hypixel Inc., the developers of the Hypixel Minecraft server. It currently has more than 65 employees and is a subsidiary of Riot Games.
Hypixel Studios was founded on 18 October 2018, being split off from Hypixel Inc., the developer of the Hypixel server in Minecraft. The studio had investors from Riot Games and a group of veteran game developers and industry experts in order to develop standalone games separate from the Minecraft server. The first of these games is Hytale, officially unveiled on 13 December 2018 with the release of a trailer.
Hypixel Studios was acquired by Riot Games on 16 April 2020, becoming a subsidiary of Riot Games while continuing to operate as an independent studio. After the acquisition, Hypixel Studios set up a headquarters in Derry~Londonderry, Northern Ireland.
|Hytale||Upcoming (2023+)||Sandbox, fantasy, open-world|
Hypixel Studios has more than 65 employees. Simon Collins-Laflamme was the CEO of Hypixel Studios from its foundation in October 2018 until its acquisition in April 2020 when he was succeeded by Aaron Donaghey.
- Hypixel Studios is named after Simon Collins-Laflamme's username, "hypixel".
- "Announcement FAQ: April 16 2020" – Hytale Blog, 16 April 2020.
- "Federal Corporation Information - 1105211-0" (archive) – Corporations Canada.
- "About" – Hytale.com.
- "Riot Games Acquires Hypixel Studios, Developer of Upcoming Block Game Hytale" (archive) (PDF) – Hypixel Studios, 16 April 2020.
- "Entering a new era for Hypixel Studios: an announcement from Simon and Noxy" – Hytale Blog, 16 April 2020.
- "December 2020 Developer Update" – Hytale Blog, 10 December 2020.